Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Idols of Egypt

Ezekiel 20:7. I went to a bible study and this verse stood out to me. Its reads, " cast ye away every man the abominations of his eyes, and defile not yourselves with the idols of Egypt. I am the Lord your God. I was wondering this is 2011, what are the "idols of Egypt" that God is calling his people not to touch in this modern society. I would have to say anything that the world glorifies and run to. People may think "oh thats to extreme", but thats the calling of God. The world runs to fb,movies,entertainment,relationships etc. I'm not saying don't do these things, but has it become a idol to you? Can you live without it? God says it; don't defile yourself with it. Cast it away out of your life. As christians, I dont think we understand the standard and requirement to be apart of the Kingdom of God. We just think we can go with the course of this world and confess Christ in our hearts; it takes more than that. I'm realizing now everything we do to try to fill our hearts and lives with is vanity. Its worth nothing in the end, where you stand with God and your obedience to his word matters.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments:

Post a Comment