Saturday, January 16, 2010

God wants Holiness

During the month of January, Our church comes aside to consecrate and fast unto the Lord. We try to shut off entertainment and ever distraction that hinders our walk with God. The more we give ourselves to God we realize how the basic things in life can be a huge distraction. Today I was having a conversation with my mom about certain movies I like to watch. There were two specific movies coming up that I wanted to see in February. My mom was saying, she didn't believe these movies were of God or she didn't see how it benefit me with my walk with the Lord. I said, " How in the world will these little movies hinder my walk with God?" She said, " Remember, its the little foxes that spoil the vine"...She said, " God wants holiness". I thought to myself, "Yeah, God does want holiness...but I greatly desire to see these movies". That pretty much was the end of the conversation. A couple hours later...I heard was "God want's holiness"..."God wants holiness". A lot of times we give excuse for our sin, but we pray that God would move in our life. We are not willing to lay these things on the altar. Its the sin that so easily besets. Paul said, " All things are lawful, but all things are not expedient; I will not be brought under the power of any". Some things in the walk with God are just not sin, but its a distraction and it can keep you out of the Kingdom of God. I don"t know about you, but everything that God is dealing with me during this time, I don"t want to go back too in February or any other months. As we walk with God, our standards much go up higher. Our convictions has to be even stronger...because God wants holiness. He said, " Be ye holy, for I am holy." 1 Peter 1:16.

No comments:

Post a Comment