Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shield of Faith

I have not written in a while, but this is just a thought that God has placed in my heart recently. Since, I have not updated this blog recently, I thought I would share. The enemy attacks Christian many way to try to get us to falter in our faith and to doubt God. Sometimes he attacks us with physical ailments or try to throw temptations in our way to get us to fall into sin. Other times he attacks the mind. He tries to change the word of God, so that he can decieve us. Other times he tries to fill our mind with thougts of fear and misstrust in God word. I was reading a poem today and one of the lines said, "The shield of faith". Once I read that line, I immediately though of Ephesians 6 and how it speaks about the whole of armour of God. This is the meaning of shield- is a type of personal armor, meant to intercept attacks, either by stopping projectiles such as arrows or redirecting a hit from a sword, mace or battle axe to the side of the shield-bearer. The word of God says that he has given every one of us a measure of faith. He also says that it is impossible to please God without faith and that faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen. The faith that God has delivered to his saints, God wants us to use that to block the spiritual attacks of the enemy. To be more specific, God has spoken so much to us through his word and even to our hearts. The enemy is always on our backs trying to get us doubt God. Especially when the situation looks bleak or you can not see the outcome of it, but that faith and trust that we have in the lord, should rise up within our hearts and say, "No, God is not a man that he should lie, neither the son of man that he should repent. What he said he will do and he will bring it to past". It may not be in my timing, but it will come to past. I may not see how it is going to work out, but I believe that God is going to direct my paths. But he knoweth the way that I take: when he hath tried me, I shall come forth as gold. Faith is so important as believers, it is the foundation of this Christian walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment