Sunday, October 16, 2011

Intreat me not to leave thee...

I've been studying the book of Ruth lately and I've been intrigued with the willingness of Ruth to be obedient and to be committed to Naomi. The scripture that struck my heart was: And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God. Ruth 1:16. This is how I feel spiritually with the Lord. Before anything else, there must be a relationship with God. God desires for us to be close to him and when I look at this scripture, I think of a cry or prayer to God: "Lord, I'll follow you wherever you lead me. Don't Pass me by. Lord, I'm committed to you" This passage reminds me of when Jesus says to the disciples; "Will you leave also?" and Peter says, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life? ( John 6:66-67) This has to be the reality of this walk; that without Christ we are nothing. There has to be reverence and a fear to the Lord. Without Christ, there is no hope. We live because Christ lives within us.

No comments:

Post a Comment