Thursday, March 24, 2011

Faith without works is dead

God has been dealing with me about faith lately. Just believing God for him to bring that certain prayer to past. The lord showed me if I really did have faith in him, I should be walking in obedience. Faith is more than just wishing and hoping, but its takes a belief that is God is doing to do what he said. Jesus said in his word,And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive. ( Matthew 21:22) My heart is rejoicing because this is God's word. God isn't man that he should lie. ( Number 23:19 He word will come to pass and bring forth fruit in our lives. He isn't slack concerning his promise to us. The word says, " hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?" I feel like the apostles today," Lord increase our faith!" Luke 17:5.
Hebrews 11:8 By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went. The lord showed me this today, reading Abraham testimony, that he had enough faith in the spoken word of God that he obeyed God. So many of us say we have faith, but were is our obedience to what he is asking us to do! I'm praying for a specific unspoken prayer, and God told me if you want me to bring the prayer to past, I need to see your obedience. The scripture says, without faith its impossible to please God and faith without works is dead. I believe that "works" is the obedience. Without obeying God, there is no faith. You can say, all you want, " I believe", "I believe", " I believe", but your not walking in obedience. The scripture says, Abraham  in faith, went out, in obedience to God's voice, not knowing where he was going, but he had faith in God. God, help us to walk in obedience.













No comments:

Post a Comment