Monday, July 4, 2011

Consquences of Unbelief

I've been thinking about some things recently and God has been dealing with my heart or really just showing me myself. I've haven't written on this blog lately, but God is still speaking. I was reading in the Book of Numbers in the Old Testament and I began to read about the children of Israel who complained against God. They were murmuring and complaining against God and Moses who was trying to lead them into the promise land. We often talk about how the Israelites walked around the wilderness for forty years when the land of their possession was right over Jordan; but we forget that  was the curse that God had given them because of their doubt and  unbelief towards God.  Numbers 14:22   Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice; Numbers 14:23   Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it: After God speaks this to Moses, he then says :Numbers 14:24   But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it. God began to point out two different things in that scripture verse. 1. Caleb had another spirit within him that was different from the rest of the Israelites. 2. Caleb gave himself to God fully. The spirit or characteristic that Caleb possess was faith, obedience, and boldness. All of these are part of the nature of Christ. Caleb didn't have an evil heart of unbelief and didn't stagger at the promises of God, but rather trust in God and went forth possess the land that was inherited to him. The word of God tells us to Examine ourselves to see if we are truly in the faith. I had to examine every aspect of my life to see if I've fully given myself to Christ. In so many ways, Christ to began to show me where I've come up short. Sometimes we say, "I've come up short, but God understands and his grace is sufficient", but I don't believe God was saying that this time. When we don't give ourselves to Christ fully there will be consequences for it. When we murmur, complain, doubt and become fearful time and time again, be sure that God will cut us off and raise someone else up who seeks after God whole heatedly. Remember the word of God says, Caleb had another spirit and he gave himself to Christ fully. Out of all the thousands and thousands of people who came out of Egypt, God can only find a faithful few who walked with him? While God had is still stretch out toward us, let's repent while we have the time. Lord, give us a godly sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment